Italian Cooking School and Wine Tours with Mama Margaret & Friends
- Do you dream of cooking, eating, drinking, laughing and connecting heart to heart with local people in Italy so you feel part of their lives?
- Do you long to experience food, cooking and wine in Italy and want Italy travel experts to plan and book your entire Italy vacation?
- Do you have a special occasion to celebrate and want to ensure that it’s an outstanding experience with memories all will treasure forever?
You have come to the right place.
Who We Are
We help busy food and wine lovers experience authentic Italy through exquisite cooking and wine tours in seven Italian regions. You are welcomed into locals’ homes, wine cellars, farms, restaurant kitchens, and get a truly unique, insider experience.
Thanks to our 17 years’ experience and connections, through food and wine you make heart to heart connections with Italian people and often leave as friends. We create our itineraries with the mission that Italy will run through you and you’ll feel you’re Italian during your stay.
As Italy travel experts, we also plan your whole Italy vacation before and after your Italy cooking school tour, so you just show up and enjoy yourselves. One stop shopping!
Mama Margaret has been traveling to Italy for 40 years and lived there three years. Her longest love affair ever! In Italy in 1993 on her first Italy cooking school tour, she shared cooking, food and wine with a Tuscan family, felt part of their life and connected with them as friends. Ever since, her calling is to help food and wine lovers to enjoy the same truly Italian, “wow” experiences.
Benefits For You
- A knowledgeable, experienced Italy cooking school tour expert helps you to quickly zero in on the best Italian cooking and wine tour for you. You avoid searching the Net and getting overwhelmed with all your choices.
- An Italy travel expert asks you questions, listens carefully to your answers and tailors your personal itinerary for your whole Italy vacation, before and after your Italy cooking school tour. You experience wonderful places and people you may not have thought of, use your precious time efficiently and have a happier, smoother trip with us taking care of all the details for you
Client Comment: A Taste of cooking & wine tour in Southern Tuscany by Mama Margaret & Friends
“You put together a truly spectacular experience, a fabulous family experience. We were celebrating “big” birthdays with our adult kids who’d said, “What do you want to do to celebrate?” We said, “Go with you on a cooking and wine holiday in Tuscany. “ We love Brunello wine!
Our guide, Pi was simply the best. An amazing guy! So amiable, knowledgeable, fun to be with and he was always working to figure out who was interested in what to make our trip even more meaningful.
The Vecchia Oliviera Hotel in Montalcino was a bit of heaven. If only I could beam myself back at any time. Such a special hotel… lovely rooms, wonderful and accommodating staff and amazing breakfasts in that lovely dining room. Stupefyingly beautiful views. I was speechless! The staff even set up picnic on the terrace when they saw us come home with cheese, bread etc.
Our cooking experience with (artisan olive oil producer) Alberto in his farm kitchen was great fun and we enjoyed touring his organic farm. Our time with Roberto in the kitchen of his restaurant was amazing, followed by an incredible meal in his beautiful dining room, with wonderful wines throughout the whole experience. Such an interesting man and great host.
A real interesting mix of experiences from farm kitchen to restaurant kitchen!
Our lunch in Montepulciano was fabulous. Beautiful little dining room in the restaurant all to ourselves with great wine, delicious food , French doors flung open to the charming street. Best steak I’ve ever had (entrecote of beef with lard)
We thoroughly enjoyed the different wineries, interesting contrasts, loved learning about our favorite wines. What a special time at Cantine Innocenti relaxing on the terrace garden, sampling and taking in the view. Pretty spectacular.
I’m so glad you suggested we add on Orvieto. Just happened to have a flower festival going on which only added to the beauty of the town. Fabulous duomo, fascinating caves and underground, good shopping, hotel well situated.
Your service was top notch. I’m not the most organized of trip planners. Family members were vague on what they wanted. We gave you only a little information and you put it all together and offered help in booking other places. You and Heather were very attentive and helped us when we were floundering.
All in all, a trip of a lifetime. You put together an amazing experience we will always remember and a Very Special time for our family to be together in an incredible place.”
Kay Collins & family, Cary, NC, USA
Call us today at 800-557-0370 within North America, 604-681-4074 in Vancouver B.C. and internationally or on Skype at margaret.cowan7 or heather.snedden or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org