RBC Travel Insurance Coverage: For residents of B.C., Canada only
Choose The Protection That’s Right For You. There are several different types of travel insurance that can be purchased individually or as part of a package. They’re each designed to protoct your travel investment and ensure you have a worry-free journey.
Cancellation & Trip Interruption Insurance
This insurance reimburses you when your travel arrangements don’t go according to plan. If you have to cancel your trip, return home prematurely, or if you’re delayed in returning home, you could incur some serious cancellation and interruption expenses. Cancellation & Interruption Insurance protects you from over 40 specified risks that could stop you from traveling as planned.
This is the most comprehensive package providing coverage for a broad range of travel emergencies. Features include:
- Unlimited benefits for emergency medical expenses
- A subsistence allowance, if you need to extend your stay
- Cancellation & Interruption Insurance, protecting you from over 40 specific risks that could stop you from travelling as planned
- Baggage & Personal Effects Insurance in the event that your personal effects are lost, damaged, or delayed
- Flight Accident Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
Non-Medical Package Cancellation & Interruption Insurance (Canadian residents only)
The Non-Medical package does not provide coverage for medical emergencies. However, it protects your travel investment with these important features:
- Cancellation & Interruption insurance reimburses you when your travel arrangements don’t go according to plan. If you have to cancel your trip, return home prematurely, or if you’re delayed in returning home, you could incur some serious cancellation and interruption expenses. Cancellation & Interruption Insurance protects you from over 40 specified risks that could stop you from traveling as planned. And if you have to stay longer because of a covered emergency, your extra expenses will also be covered, as defined in your policy.
- Baggage & Personal Effects Insurance
This insurance pays for loss or damage to baggage and personal effects you own and use during your trip. It also helps cover some of the costs of replacement for a lost or stolen passport, driver’s license, birth certificate or travel visa.
- Flight and Travel Accident Insurance
This insurance covers accidental bodily injuries resulting in dismemberment, permanent loss of sight, or death within 12 calendar months from the date of the flight accident. The benefit will vary according to the principal amount of insurance purchased, and the severity of the injury. And if you have to stay longer because of a covered emergency, your extra expenses will also be covered, as defined in your policy.
Why Buy Travel Insurance?
Reality sometimes has a way of working itself into even the best-planned journeys. That’s why travel insurance protection is essential when you book a vacation or a business trip. The right coverage will protect your family, yourself and your financial security. It will also ensure that caring professional help is ready when you need it in an emergency.
Why is Emergency Medical Coverage Essential?
When you require medical attention outside of your province or territory of residence, your government health insurance plan pays only a fraction of the benefits that are otherwise available to you. So simply put, emergency medical travel insurance is essential to protect yourself, your family and your personal finances.
Why is Cancellation & Interruption Insurance Essential?
Because the unexpected can happen. From a jury duty call to the death of a friend, this coverage protects you against over 40 specified risks that could stop you from travelling as planned. The right coverage will ensure that you get back the covered travel costs that would otherwise not be refundable to you. And, if you have to return home early or stay longer because of a covered emergency, your extra expenses will also be covered as per your policy.
How To Buy Travel Insurance
Please click on the banner below for an instant quote or ask us for a quote and we will let you know which travel insurance is right for you. In order for us to provide you with a quote please let us know the following:
- Departure date from home
- Return date back home
- Birth dates of all the travellers
- Total amount to insure (this is usually all the non-refundable items such as flights, tour costs etc).